Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Google Cloud Platform
Updated: Aug 26
The Google Cloud Platform comprises of a set of public cloud computing services. The GCP offers a wide range of hosted services for computing, storage, app development. All of this runs on Google Hardware. The GCP services are easily accessible for cloud admins, software developers or other IT professionals. It can be accessed through a dedicated network connection or via the public internet.
Over the years, IT admins have been trying to find the right cloud provider for their enterprise. Google has gone ahead and created the exact requirement for these individuals. It has also shifted its pricing model, now including more sustained-use discounts along with per-minute billing.
Here are some of the benefits of using Google Cloud
1. Better Prices – Google Cloud hosting offers plans that are generally cheaper than other platforms’ hosting plans. It’s per second billing plans are quite convenient. All you will need is to sign up and have your credit card or bank details ready. Note that the subscription can be called at any point so if you find a better offer you can always switch your subscription.
2. Better Execution – At the corporate level, Google has completely enhanced its Cloud hosting performance. Individuals can now access data from any given location. Its huge infrastructure allows for the execution of various operations that are otherwise complex. Google cloud can also handle many visitors at the same time.
3. Live Migration – Google Cloud also allows for live migration and this is one of its primary advantages. Both Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services do not provide this feature. Because Google Cloud has such a large network, users are allows to migrate their machines.
4. Private Network – Google Cloud operates on a private network and this gives users maximum efficiency and time. This also means that users have more scalability and control over the network. You will find that the private network acts as the backbone of the Google Cloud Hosting service.
5. Constant Development – Google Cloud Hosting in just a part of the Google Cloud Platform. It has a huge infrastructure that is a public domain. Google is constantly improving and developing its infrastructure based on customer’s needs. This helps to build a stronger Google network.
Currently, the Google Cloud Platforms offer products that span the following 13 categories:
1. Storage & Database: Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Datastore and more
2. Compute – Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Functions (beta), Kubernetes Engine
3. Big Data – Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Dataproc and more
4. Networking – VPC or Virtual Private Cloud, Network Service Tiers, Cloud Armor, Cloud Load Balancing and more
5. Cloud AI – Cloud TPU, Cloud Machine Learning Engine, Various machine learning APIs, Cloud AutoML (beta)
6. Security and Identity – Cloud IAM, Cloud Identity, Security Key Enforcement, Cloud Resource Manager, Cloud Security Scanner and more
7. Tools for Management – Monitoring, Trace, Logging, Debugger, Stackdriver Overview, Cloud Console and more
8. API Platform and Ecosystems – API Analytics, Google Maps Platform, Cloud Endpoints, API Monetization and more
9. Developer Tools – Container Registry, Container Builder, Cloud SDK, Cloud Test Lab and more
10. IoT or Internet of Things – Cloud IoT Core
11. Tools for productivity – Hire, Chrome, Android, G Suite
12. Data Transfer – Cloud Storage Transfer, Google Transfer Appliance, Google BigQuery Transfer Service
13. Professional Services – Technical Account Management, Consulting, Certification, training and more
Why Google Cloud Platform matters
Your organization will value the tools backed up by functionality that the Google Cloud Platform has to offer. Google is offering the same functionalities of Azure and AWS but on a much smaller scale. Its big data tools, AI, container support and machine learning initiatives really stand out.
With Google’s strong analytics and processing capacities, companies that work a lot with data will find Google’s BigQuery and Dataflow extremely useful. For container cluster management, Google’s Kubernetes container technology allows for ease of container deployment.
The Cloud Machine Learning Engine from Google along with various other machine learning APIs make it extremely easy for businesses to leverage artificial intelligence in the cloud.
Google has always thrived on the collection of data and its subsequent leveraging. This could be machine data, user data or even geographic data. The GCP is the perfect option as a cloud provider.
The notable offerings from the GCP include the Google App Engine, Google Cloud storage, Google Compute Engine and Google Container Engine.
The GCP is your best choice for integration of services and application development.
What about payments?
The Google Cloud Platform much like other public cloud offerings tends to operate on a pay-as-you-go model. You need not make any upfront payments. Users pay only for the cloud resources that they have consumed. It is important to note that specific rates and terms will vary from service to service.